Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February Holiday Events

Alrightee!
It's that time again, Love is in the air and the grind is back... /sigh
ok ok, I know it's a choice for me to do these till my fingers bleed and my heart breaks but it's what I enjoy so much... I'm always hopeful that I will get what I work so hard for. I'm trying to keep the Brewfest dragon skin grind out of my head right now and not get discouraged. I don't think I put all my effort into that one from the start though sooooo I'ma go with that being the reason I failed to get it. I believe I got all the toys tho sooo that Holiday event wasn't a total bust.
Anywhos! Lets get on with this.
The month of Feb has so much things for me to do. First, the trading post has a crap ton of things that I want and I'm a little peeved that I can't get all the stuff that I want. If Blizz sold traders tender again in the website, I'm pretty sure I'd go and spend RL money on it just to buy all my trading post shit.
Next, Lunarfest runs from Feb 3rd till the 17th. I didn't really do these last year as there was no more achieves to get and I didn't care to check on the toys and mogs. When I went there this year I saw soooo much mogs and some toys and I needs them all, along with a hearthstone toy. like I said, I'm not sure if they added it last year as I didn't check, at least I don't think I checked.  But yeah, I saw ALOT and I knew I was gonna have to get them on more than my main but I didn't calculate how much toons I'd have to go around collecting the Lunar coins with. Turns out no alot. As of writing I gotten all but 3 things! one toon can get like 4 or 5 things if I get all the coins in Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms/ Wrath and some dungeons. Well shit, this will go by fast. By the end of today I can get them all and not have to do anymore Lunarfest stuff, thank goodness!!!!
On to Love is in the Air!
This one runs from Feb 5th to the 19th.
Sooooooo, I completely forgot about the Dragon skin mog for this event! I was prepared to NOT have to run the holiday boss for a mount and get discouraged every time because last year I got my Pink Love Rocket!!!! Just for nostalgia reasons, at the end of this entry, I'll put several entries I wrote about this Holiday event from previous years.
But anyways, so this year, yes I have to run the holiday boss for the mog skin, I also have to consistently do the quests and dailies on several toons JUST to get the new mogs, toys, AND mount. Yes another mount, but this one like the Love bird, you buy with the tokens. 
Thank goodness. I rather grind for the tokens then have another thing to be disappointed in not having drop for me. Its ugly, but its pink, and of course, I still need it. I'm sure I'll ride it once, get my screenie and never ride it again. I like how they advertise for it by the vendor by having one tied to a post with a leash. There's a few love boats for sale too. I have seen one person in the wild riding on. I'm not sure if it's like the raft and the Tuskarr dinghy and you can fish on it, but I'm so ready to find out for myself. And also there's a bunch of rose mogs to get. those are cheap so I think I'll just have my alts that I'm not taking to do the quests daily to go and buy them. I WILL get everything this year... oh I will.
So the first couple days of this event I kinda messed up. I was dumb and I took most of my 50+ toons in the Holiday Boss. Weeeeeelllllll, for the ones that are not 60 yet, I wasted my time. I just read yesterday that the mog only drops for toons level 60+... oh for fuck sake! I mean 8 toons isn't too bad, It would have been more if I didn't read it. Makes sense since 60 is when you go to the Dragon Isle so I wasn't cranky or anything. Yes I am still tracking my runs and as of today (3 days into the event) I have ran this 51 times (not counting the 8 low toons) on 17 toons. I know the drop chance is better on the first run of the day, but I still try. And for my love tokens, I will need 1145 to get everything that I want. If I get them all early I will most likely just farm to get coins to buy the Love bird, hold it and sell it later in the year. I haven't done that in a while, but a guildie reminded me of it yesterday. 
Alright and FINALLY! This week is also Darkmoon Faire and yet another month is going by that I have not went down to fish up some fish heads. Sad times, well at least I've been not smelling all fishy lately. HA!
End mog for February's traders post.

Lunarfest Hearthstone animation

Old blog entries. enjoy the heartache... but trust me, there's a happy ending. CUZ I GOT IT!