Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Taivan... Soon my Good Boy, you will be mine!


I am Sooooooooooo close to getting Taivan!
Literally one more achievement. Sadly, this last achievement I need is all RNG. 
The Elemental Storms that spawn do not have a pattern from what I've read, and seen actually. There are 4 storms, and 4 zones to spawn in. They spawn every 3 hours. On occasion they can spawn in 2 places. I've seen a storm spawn back-to-back in the same damn zone. weaksawce! 1/16 chance for it to pop in the last zone I need.

The very first person to tell me about this was Stank. He sent me an ingame link to the achieve but I thought it was so far out of reach for me I never gave it a thought to even push for this. Next person to tell me about it was Truth. He sent me a video on it in Discord, same thing I never watched it, still haven't if I'm being honest, sorry Truth <3 Anyways, just sayin, if I pushed back then I'm sure I would have seen a Firestorm in Thaldraszus from the first mention of the achievement to me until now. For shame!
I don't know why it took someone helping me with collecting my mounts and pets and showing me Simplearmory.com to light that fire under my ass. 
Prolly because it shows you the ones you have and has empty spaces for the ones you don't have and I need to fill all the slots. 
Potato takes the time to look stuff up for me and tells me "let's go do this". Now mind you I'm usually a solo person when it comes to collecting things and getting my achievements. I don't like the feeling like they're taking the time out of doing stuff for themselves to come and help me. Or when Kreagr buys pets for me with Pet charms. Even if he can buy them with the charms and then sell them for a crap ton on the AH, he chooses to give them to me. I'm very greedy and I yes I want it all, BUT I also am someone who feels really bad about people doing things like this for me.  I never ask for them to, and I've told them not to but they still do and I am very grateful. Kreags has told me he doesn't care about the charms or gold he can get from selling the pets, and he knows I'll get more out of the pets then he will. They know I am a WoW psycho and they want to contribute to my addiction... They are huge enablers, lol. In a good way! <3 And Potato does the same. He has given me so many pets and some are not even duplicates for him. 
Ultimately, I feel guilty a lot of the time because like I said I am someone who plays solo and usually has my time booked with doing dailies or world quests. This Taivan push has got me occupied so much that I haven't been doing my gold, flying and pet battling WQs that I normally do. When people ask to run stuff I know I can say no, but usually I go out of obligation. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing with others, but just sayin', it's putting a wedge in my routine antisocial Skully mode of play.
Anywhos...
Here is a picture of the first and ONLY Taivan I've seen in the world. 
I talked to this person and he said the forbidden isle and the storms are the ones that took him/her the longest. And they were so nice, they wished me luck.
You will soon be mine Taivan. The Good boy Gentle Giant.

News Update: The size of Taivan has been temporarily nurfed because of bugs. People that have this are upset as the whole appeal was that he was a huge mount and now he just seems like just another normal bakar. Blizz said it's temporary, but we shall see.